The Hood Charity
The Royal Marsden Cancer Campaign
At the Royal Marsden, they are not afraid of cancer. They learn about it, talk about and most of all, use cutting-edge techniques to treat it. They’re doing everything they can to help improve their patients’ survival rates – whether it’s new drug therapies, or better equipment or facilities. But researching and treating cancer is a lifetime’s work.
The Royal Marsden is very close to alot of the hood girls as many have had parents, siblings and friends treated there. It is committed to promoting excellence in cancer research, treatment and education.
Thier priorities are to:
- Provide an evidence-based, high quality and focused approach to cancer care, responsive to the needs of patients and their families
- Invest in new services, facilities and equipment as part of an ongoing modernisation programme
- Work in partnership with other organisations to share expertise and good practice
- Develop innovative programmes in cancer research for the benefit of the nation
- Recruit, retain and invest in the professional development of high calibre staff
- Ensure financial viability and the efficient use of resources.